A new package that provides a full terminal via webpage has been added. This little gem of a package uses AJAX and provides full terminal emulation allowing for full screen terminal applications like vi, nano, top and so such to run perfectly!
The package also provides support for STUnnel. However there is a known bug with STUnnel on the Certificates tab that we are working on but the default SSL Certificate works OK.
Check out a few screen shots
What started originally as a base system option written by Remco Hoef was rescued from the dead, brought up to the latest HAProxy standard and then turned into a full blown package so that it can run on 1.2.3 and 2.0!
Check out these screen shots:
Install the package and let us know what you think!
Please vote on this poll and help us decide which size of NanoBSD embedded to ship in 1.2.3.
The 2009 Hackathon will be televised! We have 2 cameras setup currently and will be looking at adding a third.
Head on over to http://hackathon.pfsense.org to check it out. You can join the chat by using the Java viewer embedded on the page or head over to irc.freenode.net and join #pfsense-hackathon.
Folks start arriving at 7PM EDT on Saturday.
Also, we are still not close to reaching our food budget for this year. If you can spare some extra $$ please consider donating.
Revision 3′s Hak5 recently featured pfSense. Check it out!!
We have switched the builder system over to FreeBSD 7.1 and have bumped the version to 1.2.3-PRERELEASE-TESTING. Please test in a non-production environment and let us know how it goes on the forum.
1.2.1-RC3 is here!
This release has been replaced by RC4 because of a regression for the FTP helper with FTP servers hosted on your network behind NAT.
Changes since 1.2.1-RC2 include:
- Do not accept \ in alias fieldnames
- Fix setup wizard WAN configuration page since removal of BIGPond
- Replaced route get default with netstat -rn equivalent
- No longer syncs CARP configuration when not needed
- Do not use broadcast on CARP addresses
- Fixes for CARP and VLANs related to interface and IP changes
- Added OpenNTPD to Status -> Services
- Removed enable filter bridge checkbox, it’s on by default
- Fixed “no state” rules
- Corrected description for bogon rule
- Now shows rejected rule icon correctly on firewall edit page
- Minor fixes for embedded upgrades (needs further testing)
- Creates a backup of config.xml prior to package installations
- Correct interface polling
- Minor PHP Shell changes/fixes
- Bumped /cf/ to 4.5M
- No longer destroys enc0
- NAT Reflection timeouts are now consistent for TCP/UDP
- Ensure default gateway is present after filter reload
- Detect iPhone / iPod and switch theme temporarily to pfSense
- Other minor changes, please see cvstrac.pfsense.org reports section for RELENG_1_2
If all goes well we will be releasing 1.2.1-Final on XMAS!
I just reinstated the NTOP package for 1.2.1 and 2.0!!
If you were waiting on this package before deploying 1.2.1 your wait is now over. Enjoy!