Archive for the ‘Releases’ Category
Oct 18 2005
Important! We need users that previously had problems installing with the Installer to try this version!
New features include:
- Polling support per interface. Supported interfaces: em, fxp, ixgb, nge, re, vge, dc, rl, sf, sis, ste, vr, xl. This should speed up networking quite a bit.
- Port aliases are fixed
- HTTPS Captive portal fix
- Incoming FTP should be fixed (NAT Port forwads)
- Fixed auth issues
- USB Keyboard fixed
- Installer allows overriding the disk geometry
- Captive portal login count on status page
- Package services stopped correctly upon deinstall
Oct 2 2005
0.86 is now making it’s way to a mirror near you. Changes since 0.85ish include:
- A new console option to aide in transferring config.xml to a removable media device for livecd users
- Multiple WAN fixes for port-forwards
- Ajaxification of the main status page meters and stats
- Many new games and resources added to the traffic shaper ez shaper wizard
- DNS fixes for DHCP
- New wireless from lsf with many options such as wpa_supplicant
- Cleaned up CARP/PFSync startup process quite a bit and closed a bug when traffic shaping is enabled
- Captive portal pass through mac entries should always exist and allow the traffic. The reason for this is because we do not have native mac address filtering mechanisms. this allows us to filter by mac address easily and get around this limitation. I consider this a bug in m0n0wall and pfSense as m0n0wall does not have native mac filtering mechanisms as well.
- NAT encapsulated IPV6 may work now? Needs more testing.
- Fixed handling of aliases in many cases
- and much more…
Jul 31 2005
New version posted. Get it from a mirror near you.
New to 0.73:
- Alert system will show you vital information at the top of the page. Click on the event to acknowledge it
- PPPoE server. Currently locked to 16 ips but this will change soon.
- Reverse captive portal on WAN (allow all traffic and enable captive portal for WAN. New visitors will be redirected to AUTH)
- Multi WAN DHCP definitely works now
- Added ral, ural and wai wireless interfaces to webConfigurator code
- Correct channel 0 usage (AUTO)
- Hide SSID wireless option
- Wireless Transmit Power control
Jul 24 2005
Exciting new features in 0.71, lets get right down to it:
- All reboots have been removed – if you find one let me know
- Bridging now works again
- More theme cleanups
- XMLRPC syncing of configurations now fixed
- Many, many more things.
- WRAP version updated
Let us know what you think.
Jul 21 2005
0.70.8 is now posted. Let us know what you think.
Jul 16 2005
So much new stuff in 0.70.2, so little time to type. Just start playing already!
- New XHTML/CSS default theme
- Themes support. Start making themes and submit them to us!!
- IPSEC-Tools racoon is now imported
- Dynamic DNS IPSEC!
- Virtual IP manager – unifies carp and proxyarp
- New alert system
- Faster Traffic Shaper configuration generation on backend
- Fixed Dynamic DNS client
- WRAP version works again
Jul 10 2005
We just got done posting 0.69.8. Theres a few new treats:
- Reloads the rules in the background on Apply operations. Watch the GUI fly.
- DHCP support for all optional interfaces. Warning, this needs major testing!
- Lots of small bug fixes.
Give it a try!
Jun 27 2005
After a somewhat long habit of having to pull down updates due to defects we are happy to announce that the 0.68.X series is now posted and seems to be stable.
New in this series is:
- Improved trafffic shaper with many presets for games, voip providers, etc
- A completely rewritte package manager with the features required to take us forward
- LiveCD that doubles as an installer. You can now try before “you buy” pfSense
- New alerts system that can alert you of problems when you login
- Certificate support imported from m0n0wall
- Much more that I cannot recall now. Give it a try!
Jun 7 2005
We have just posted 0.67.0 . There are many new improvements to this version including:
- All kinds of new packaging (major rewrites by colin)
- Many new options to the now renamed EZ Shaper Wizard from Magic Shaper Wizard by Bill and Scott
- Many new improvements to the Service Manager from Scott
- New UPNP package from Scott
- Incoming and outgoing SHAPING via HFSC by Bill
Jun 4 2005
A new version has been posted that includes many new features/updates.
- Based on freebsd current as of June 1st
- Bill has commited a bunch of new code that removes ipfw from the traffic shaper. In addition there is a new traffic shaping wizard (this one is a real wizard) but is not linked in yet.
- New bridge patch from Andrew.
- All kinds of new graphics from Holger
- Some minor package adjustments from Colin
- A new captive portal from Scott
Give it a try and let us know what you think.