Archive for the ‘Releases’ Category
Apr 17 2006
Beta 3 is here and this is a summary of all changes since beta 2 from cvstrac. Download from www.pfsense.com!
Change log is posted here.
And Bill has written up a summary of changes on his Blog.
Mar 3 2006
- Do not show WOL as a service in Status -> Services
- Do not display filter rule if we cannot extract protocol under diagnostics -> filter logs
- Install NAT entries for static routes when advanced outbound is disabled
- Query SNMP over VPN fix (bind to lan ip only option)
- Print out list of physical interfaces above VLAN interfaces during assignment
Read the rest of this entry »
Dec 25 2005
The long wait is over. 1.0 Beta 1 has been posted!
Please download it and test it. If you have any issues and you have upgraded from a prior version, please do a full re-install before seeking assistance.
Let us know if there are any problems in the forums or mailing lists.
Oct 18 2005
Important! We need users that previously had problems installing with the Installer to try this version!
New features include:
- Polling support per interface. Supported interfaces: em, fxp, ixgb, nge, re, vge, dc, rl, sf, sis, ste, vr, xl. This should speed up networking quite a bit.
- Port aliases are fixed
- HTTPS Captive portal fix
- Incoming FTP should be fixed (NAT Port forwads)
- Fixed auth issues
- USB Keyboard fixed
- Installer allows overriding the disk geometry
- Captive portal login count on status page
- Package services stopped correctly upon deinstall
Oct 2 2005
0.86 is now making it’s way to a mirror near you. Changes since 0.85ish include:
- A new console option to aide in transferring config.xml to a removable media device for livecd users
- Multiple WAN fixes for port-forwards
- Ajaxification of the main status page meters and stats
- Many new games and resources added to the traffic shaper ez shaper wizard
- DNS fixes for DHCP
- New wireless from lsf with many options such as wpa_supplicant
- Cleaned up CARP/PFSync startup process quite a bit and closed a bug when traffic shaping is enabled
- Captive portal pass through mac entries should always exist and allow the traffic. The reason for this is because we do not have native mac address filtering mechanisms. this allows us to filter by mac address easily and get around this limitation. I consider this a bug in m0n0wall and pfSense as m0n0wall does not have native mac filtering mechanisms as well.
- NAT encapsulated IPV6 may work now? Needs more testing.
- Fixed handling of aliases in many cases
- and much more…
Jul 31 2005
New version posted. Get it from a mirror near you.
New to 0.73:
- Alert system will show you vital information at the top of the page. Click on the event to acknowledge it
- PPPoE server. Currently locked to 16 ips but this will change soon.
- Reverse captive portal on WAN (allow all traffic and enable captive portal for WAN. New visitors will be redirected to AUTH)
- Multi WAN DHCP definitely works now
- Added ral, ural and wai wireless interfaces to webConfigurator code
- Correct channel 0 usage (AUTO)
- Hide SSID wireless option
- Wireless Transmit Power control
Jul 24 2005
Exciting new features in 0.71, lets get right down to it:
- All reboots have been removed – if you find one let me know
- Bridging now works again
- More theme cleanups
- XMLRPC syncing of configurations now fixed
- Many, many more things.
- WRAP version updated
Let us know what you think.
Jul 21 2005
0.70.8 is now posted. Let us know what you think.
Jul 16 2005
So much new stuff in 0.70.2, so little time to type. Just start playing already!
- New XHTML/CSS default theme
- Themes support. Start making themes and submit them to us!!
- IPSEC-Tools racoon is now imported
- Dynamic DNS IPSEC!
- Virtual IP manager – unifies carp and proxyarp
- New alert system
- Faster Traffic Shaper configuration generation on backend
- Fixed Dynamic DNS client
- WRAP version works again
Jul 10 2005
We just got done posting 0.69.8. Theres a few new treats:
- Reloads the rules in the background on Apply operations. Watch the GUI fly.
- DHCP support for all optional interfaces. Warning, this needs major testing!
- Lots of small bug fixes.
Give it a try!