1.2.3-RC1 has been out for nearing a couple months now, and while there aren’t any issues with it that 1.2.2 and earlier versions don’t have, we’re holding out on release because of some issues outside our code base that we hope to get resolved in the underlying software (FreeBSD and ipsec-tools). These affect both 1.2.x and 2.0. Most should be resolved now, though we’re still working on a DPD issue with ipsec-tools.
June 29 Update: We’re still working on one last FreeBSD issue – kern/127528. We will not be releasing RC2 until we have a resolution for this problem.