0.86 is now making it’s way to a mirror near you. Changes since 0.85ish include:
- A new console option to aide in transferring config.xml to a removable media device for livecd users
- Multiple WAN fixes for port-forwards
- Ajaxification of the main status page meters and stats
- Many new games and resources added to the traffic shaper ez shaper wizard
- DNS fixes for DHCP
- New wireless from lsf with many options such as wpa_supplicant
- Cleaned up CARP/PFSync startup process quite a bit and closed a bug when traffic shaping is enabled
- Captive portal pass through mac entries should always exist and allow the traffic. The reason for this is because we do not have native mac address filtering mechanisms. this allows us to filter by mac address easily and get around this limitation. I consider this a bug in m0n0wall and pfSense as m0n0wall does not have native mac filtering mechanisms as well.
- NAT encapsulated IPV6 may work now? Needs more testing.
- Fixed handling of aliases in many cases
- and much more…